We focus our core competencies on the Swiss real estate sector. We take you seriously as a client and therefore your right and need to have the truth and security of data ensured. For this reason, we have decided to align our handling of your data with the strict requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation even before the revised Swiss Data Protection Act comes into force.
Data Protection Policy
SPGI Zurich AG in its capacity as controller informs its users that personal data relating to you will be processed, and in particular:
- personal data that you provide to us in the event of registration on the website or in the context of the initiation / processing of a contractual relationship, such as e-mail address, first name, surname, title, address, phone number;
- personal data transmitted by your internet browser each time you visit the website and stored as part of log files, also known as server log files. These data include: IP address (internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; as well as other non-personal data such as name of the accessed page; date and time of access; related URL from which the user accesses the page; number of transmitted data; status message for successful access; session ID number.
Purpose of the processing
SPGI Zurich AG as controller processes the personal data for the following purposes:
- to fulfil users’ requests (e.g., management of contact requests, management of contact orders for regular electronic newsletters with promotional information about real estate offers made by SPGI Zurich AG);
- to process any contractual relationship with the user;
- to enable the registration of users on the website;
- to handle the technical management of the website and its operational functions, including the resolution of technical problems, statistical analysis, testing and research;
- to prevent fraudulent activity or abuse on or in connection with the website;
- to comply with the requirements of applicable laws, to protect the safety of an individual and the rights and property of SPGI Zurich AG, and to prevent deception or security or technical problems.
Nature of the provision of personal data and the consequences of refusal
The provision of personal data by the user is voluntary. You are free to decide whether to make personal data available to SPGI Zurich AG. If the processing of the data is based on your consent, you can revoke this consent at any time. Revocation may mean that you can no longer make full use of the website and the services offered by SPGI Zurich AG. By providing your personal data, you consent to the processing, storage and use of your data.
Access to data
The personal data will be processed by SPGI Zurich AG, and specifically, in particular, by
- staff and consultants authorised to manage the website and provide related services;
- external companies (e.g., IT service providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which SPGI Zurich AG has outsourced services involving processing operations as part of contract data processing.
For the purpose of data processing, we transmit your data to our contract data processors. Upon request, we will gladly send you the current list of our contract data processors.
Furthermore, your data will only be shared with third parties for the following purposes:
- to fulfil or settle our contractual rights or obligations in connection with our contractual relationship, in particular, data will be shared with your contractual partners, notaries and land registry offices;
- on account of a legal basis or official order;
- to safeguard the overriding legitimate interests of SPGI Zurich AG (e.g., sharing with external consultants, auditors and the like).
By providing us with your data, you also give us permission to share the data with affiliated companies of SPGI Zurich AG for marketing purposes (newsletters, product and service offers). You can object to this use at any time, either by notifying us or the affiliated company from which you are contacted or, in the case of e-mails, by unsubscribing from the distribution list via the corresponding unsubscribe link.
The servers used by SPGI Zurich AG are located within Switzerland/European Union.
SPGI Zurich AG stores personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which data are collected and further processed. We reserve the right to retain data for longer periods if there is a legal basis for doing so, namely in the case of a legally prescribed retention period (e.g., retention of accounting records), in the case of overriding interests of SPGI Zurich AG or after obtaining your consent.
In order to improve the browsing experience on the website, SPGI Zurich AG uses so-called cookies. Cookies are small text files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, which are stored by the users’ web browser on their PC and contain pseudo-anonymised data. Cookies allow a website to recognise users’ computers in order to track browsing on multiple pages of a website and to identify users who return to a website. There are cookies for technical and analytical purposes.
The website uses technical cookies to save:
- the language selection
- the selection of units of measurement
- the last search queries
- the ID of the watch list
- the test assignment in the context of A/B tests
- the allocation to distributed systems in load balancers
SPGI Zurich AG informs users that they can disable or remove cookies in their web browser by following the instructions at these links below:
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies).
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored).
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE).
The website also uses analytical cookies set by third-party providers, for example, Google (also see provisions on the use of analytical programs and tracking tools) and Adroll (https://www.adroll.com/de-DE/about) /Privacy) and Haufe (https://de.onlinehelp.umantis.com/index.php/Cookies).
Specifically, these are:
- a) Google Analytics
- b) Universal Analytics
- c) Google Remarketing and Retargeting
- d) Facebook Remarketing and Retargeting
This website does not use profiling cookies.
Social media plug-ins
This website uses social media plug-ins offered by the main social networks (e.g., Facebook and Twitter). When you visit the website, browsing data may be transmitted directly to the respective social networks, even without direct user interaction. Users acknowledge and agree that the operation of social network plug-ins is managed directly by the company offering the relevant plug-in. When users use the plug-ins via the website (e.g., log in with their access data to a social network or link their accounts), they click on the respective button (such as “Like” or “Share” on Facebook) and connect to the server of this social network, which then sends the content of the plug-in directly to the users’ browser.
SPGI Zurich AG has implemented the organisational and technical security measures required by law to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Our employees are regularly trained with regard to the requirements of data protection law, and we always ensure in our contracts with contract data processors that personal data are treated confidentially and processed using at least equivalent organisational and technical security measures.
We draw your attention to the fact that transmission on the Internet is not secure and loss or misuse of data can never be completely ruled out. As soon as we receive the transmitted information, we secure it in our systems in accordance with the security measures described above.
Social media plugins
This website uses social media plugins provided by the main social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). By visiting this website, browsing data can be transmitted directly to the relevant social network, even without any direct interaction by the user. The user acknowledges and agrees that operation of social network plugins is managed directly by the firm providing the plugin in question. If users use the plugins via the website (e.g. by accessing a social network with their login data or when linking their accounts), click on the relevant button (such as the “Like” or “Share” buttons on Facebook) and connect to that social network’s server, then the plugin content can be sent directly to the user’s browser.
You have the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data (for example, the origin of these data, the purpose of processing, the modalities of data processing).
If the processing is based on your consent, you are entitled to revoke this consent at any time.
Subject to the condition that there is neither a legal retention period nor overriding legitimate interests for us, you can request the erasure of your personal data at any time.
In summary, you have a right to
- erasure (subject to conditions),
- restriction of processing,
- data portability (in respect of data you send to us on the basis of contractual processing),
- report to the supervisory authority.
To exercise the above rights and to request information, contact our internal data protection unit at the following postal address:
Intercity Group Holding AG
Data protection officer
Please note that we are required to verify your identity before processing your request to ensure that you are authorised to make the request.
Data Protection Policy SPGI Zurich AG, valid from 1 November 2022.